Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Tied Up Shirt - The User Friendly Crop Top

I love how crop tops look, well most crop tops anyhow. I like the simple fitted ones that are almost like an accessory to a statement pant or skirt. However, if you aren't comfortable baring your midriff like me, then opt for tying up a shirt to give you a similar look.


  I have several crop tops that I use for styling the vintage pieces in my Etsy shop on my model.  The two that get the most use are a neutral striped top and a long sleeve turtleneck white one.







































This is the beige and white crop top. It's the perfect neutral stripes for mixing prints. I really love the stripe top with floral prints and now I've begun to mix it in with gingham too. Festival Skirt


                                                         Pleated Gingham Skirt






































I love these turtle neck crop tops with high waisted skirt. Keeps enough covered up so the look is more demure. Floral High Waist Skirt



As I said before, although I love the crop top look it isn't the right look for me.  When I want a similar look I tie up a blouse or a tee.  Tie it where you feel comfortable. If I'm layering blouses, I'll wear a fitted tank undereath and tie the blouse up just about the waist line. If I'm not layering I'll make sure I'm wearing bottoms that don't give me a "muffin top" and I'll tie it right on the waist line. 


This neutral striped blouse is tied up on the model just about her waist band. Another option would be to wear a fitted tank underneath if you want no skin showing. 

Another reason I love this tied up look is that it can dress down a skirt or pants that otherwise might be too formal for a day look. Here is a simple gray tank with a silk skirt and J CREW doing the look too. Great casual but chic weekend outfit.  This is especially cool with a semi formal maxi skirt.


I think this is an attached outfit, but this inspires me to do a white tee with a white long skirt soon! 







3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the information. I really like the way you express complex topics in lucid way. It really helps me understand it much better way. tie up tank tops

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. crop top tee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i've been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share.mobile price in bd

    ReplyDelete